Interested in supporting one of these funds?
The Academic Booster Club (A+BC) was formed in 1983 to finance innovative educational projects and to recognize and publicize academic excellence and scholastic achievement in all grade levels in RE-1J schools. For more information, visit www.montroseabc.org.
Cook Education Fund
The Foundation is pleased to honor the wishes of the late Mr. Russell Cook in offering a grant to organizations encouraging new and innovative ways to engage local youth. This grant is intended to fund outreaches that encourage students to stay in school through innovative teaching curriculums, mentoring programs, or other programs that facilitate healthy growth of local youth.
Maslow Academy & Tuition Assistance Fund
The Maslow Academy of Applied Learning is an educational partnership of master teachers, involved families and reflective learners who challenge one another to grow through experiential and applied learning to reach his or her peak potential. Each spring the Foundation administers a tuition assistance program for families through an application review process. For more information about The Maslow Academy visit: www.maslowacademy.com
“Stuff the Bus” School Supplies Fund
A collaboration between local organizations, student service organizations and businesses, this annual event supports those students in our community who cannot afford to buy school supplies. Volunteers help collect donations of school supplies as well as monetary donations to purchase school supplies. Students who need assistance are then invited on a “shopping spree” to pick out a backpack and school supplies from the distribution center.
Kit Faragher Foundation - Montrose Gala
Kit Faragher was a woman full of life, love and enthusiasm whose life was cut short by the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Established in 2003 with support from the Janus Foundation, the Kit Faragher Foundation honors Kit’s memory by awarding college scholarships to deserving Colorado and Ohio Students.
For more information visit http://www.
- Auto Enthusiasts Scholarship
- Ada White Scholarship
- This scholarship was created to honor one of the most successful female businesspersons in the post war era in Montrose County.
- Ken Gale/Chamber Scholarship
- The Ken Gale Scholarship was created to reflect the values of this remarkable individual. The scholarship will be awarded to the student who best exemplifies the qualities that Mr. Gale demonstrated throughout his career in the Montrose Community.
- Cobble Creek Men’s Golf Association Scholarship
- The Cobble Creek Men’s Golf Association established the scholarship to help boys or girls who have been involved with the Montrose County high schools’ golf program to pursue their goals of attending a two or four year college or university.
- Rotary Club Scholarship
- Montrose Rotary Club has generously funded scholarships to well-rounded individuals. Scholarships will be given to students who live in Montrose or Olathe and are graduating from Montrose County School District High Schools.
- Squint & Juanita Moore Scholarship
- The Chipeta Chapter of the Colorado Archaeological Society, the oldest continuing chapter of the state society founded in Montrose in 1935, established the Squint and Juanita Moore Scholarship in December 2004 to honor the Moores.
- Tom Gilmore Memorial Law Enforcement Scholarship
- This scholarship is intended to go to a student who is well-rounded, involved in the community and willing to dedicate themselves as a law enforcement professional. This is a merit based scholarship.
- Ken & Marlene Townsend Scholarship
- This scholarship was established by Ken and Marlene Townsend to encourage the youth in this community to excel in years to come by helping Montrose High School students pursue their educational goals at a four year university or college.
- Phil Trumbo Memorial Scholarship
- This scholarship is established in Phil’s memory by his family to encourage a deserving student who values education and has a commitment to succeed in studies related to business, math, science, or engineering, and most importantly in life.